* Media Player for MAC.
* Singer of the World began in 1983 to celebrate the opening of St David's Hall in Cardiff.
* Watched by eight million viewers worldwide, it is generally regarded as the world's leading vocal competition, having launched a host of stars in their opera career.
* In 1989 a Lieder Prize (now called the Song Prize) was introduced, the same year that featured the legendary 'Battle of the Baritones', with Bryn Terfel winning the Lieder Prize and Dmitri Hvorostovsky taking the overall title.
* This DVD celebrates the rich harvest of talent in the first 20 years of the BBC 'Singer of the World' competition in Cardiff, from the first winner, Karita Mattila, to 2001 winner of both prizes, Marius Brenciu.
* Featured in this 2-DVD set are finale performances of all the competition winners, the complete final recitals of the Song Prize winners, The Battle of the Baritones Bryn Terfel and Dmitri Hvorostovsky 'stand-off' in 1989 and the history of 'Singer of the World' which includes historic material, unique highlights and interviews with participants, producers and accompanists.
* This is a 2 DVD set!
* Region: All Running
* Time: 295 minutes
* Color: Color
* UPC: 032031088191
* ISBN: 978-0-7697-0881-2
Kultur brings you the world's greatest performing arts and cultural programming on DVD and Blu-ray. For over 30 years, Kultur has been the leading source of world-class performing arts titles, committed to preserving the legacy of great performers for future generations to appreciate and enjoy. Programs include historic performances by legends Luciano Pavarotti, Mikhail Baryshnikov, Placido Domingo, Leonard Bernstein, Rudolf Nureyev, Margot Fonteyn and many others. Kultur has many programs for all interests: music, dance, literature, history and art.
All Kultur products
This product is shipped from our warehouse in Fishers, IN, USA.
This product is brand new and includes the manufacturer's warranty, so you can buy with confidence.
Please submit your product question using this form. All fields are required.